An ounce of Preventive Maintenance avoids a pound of repair. Sun Medical can Service and Clean your entire lane.
Preventive Maintenance is recommended at regular intervals in order to prolong the life of your Ophthalmic Equipment and Instruments. Sun Medical can clean and service your entire ophthalmic lane and pretest Instruments to factory specifications.
Our technicians have been trained by Nidek, Canon, Reliance Haag Streit, Marco, Reichert, and Topcon.
Phoropter Service, Cleaning, and Maintenance
Manufacturers recommend a Phoropter cleaning every 18-24 months to maintain optical accuracy and calibration. Finger prints, skin cells, make-up, particulate matter from the AC, and other everyday environmental conditions can take a toll on
the mechanics of a Phoropter.
Nationwide On-site Phoropter cleaning
- Phoropter Disassemble
- Removal of old lubricant (degrease)
- All lenses cleaned with an antistatic, water resistant solution.
- Clean, adjust, lubricate and calibrate Jackson cross cylinder
- Clean, adjust & lubricate main support, PD & convergence controls.
- Clean & calibrate sphere and cylinder dial assemblies.
- Clean, lubricate & calibrate all internal mechanical components
- Adjust all control knobs tension to correct smooth factory standards.
- Reassemble Phoropter
- Clean Phoropter exterior & touch up paint as needed
Slit Lamp Service, Cleaning, and Maintenance.
Slit Lamp Preventive Maintenance:
- Clean all surfaces including tabletop,
- Clean optics,
- Check alignment, calibrate
- Check pressure at 20 and 60 mm
- Wipe down all surfaces
- Clean prism
- *tonometer calibration is not included